Minnesota's Telephone Equipment Distribution Program
Do you, or someone you know, have trouble:
- hearing the phone ring
- hearing while talking on the phone
- holding onto a handset
- having your voice heard on the phone
If so, Minnesota’s Telephone Equipment Distribution (TED) program can help. The TED program offers telephone equipment at no cost to those who qualify.
To qualify, a person must:
- live in Minnesota
- have phone service
- have a hearing loss or a speech or physical disability
- have an annual income of $42,368 or less for one person; $55,404 or less for two people
Visit www.tedprogram.org for more than two person households or call 1-800-657-3663,
1-888-206-6555 (TTY users).
If you qualify, TED program staff will decide what equipment you need, such as:
- telephones that make voices sound louder and clearer
- devices that make the phone ring louder or have a lamp flash when the phone rings
- hands-free speaker phones for people who have trouble holding a handset or dialing
- captioned telephones so users can read what callers say
- TTY for deaf or speech-impaired callers
- equipment for people who are deaf, blind or have other needs for non-standard equipment
Having a telephone helps people feel more secure, depend on family members less and to socialize more freely.
To learn more about TED, visit the Web site at www.tedprogram.org. E-mail email@example.com
For TTY callers: 1-888-206-6555
Write to the:
444 Lafayette Rd. N.
St. Paul, MN 55155-3814
Staff also offers presentations at no charge.
In addition to the TED program, the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division offers other services for deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind individuals and their family members. To find out more about these services visit the Web Site at www.dhhsd.org.
For TTY callers: 1-888-206-6513